Monday, October 4, 2010

Before Sunset

"Love is the dawn of marriage, and marriage is the sunset of love."
- French Proverb

{vintage postcard via etsy}
Hi bees! 

It's me again...and yes, I have another vintage postcard. :)

And this cutie is especially meaningful....and is a v.i.p in the Ostrich wedding. 

But why?

2 words = Color Palette!

In true Ostrich form, Mr. O and I have approached the topic of "wedding colors" with a different p.o.v. than the classic formula. And, part of this unique approach can also be traced to my inspiring world of fashion. Why choose 1 or 2 hues, when you could create a marvelous multi-colored celebration?

One day, as I was perusing all things Etsy, I stumbled upon this sweet sunset tropical postcard and was instantly in love. The brilliant coral pink, washed peach, dreamy lavender, pale aquamarine and a splash of blush pink - these colors, when isolated on their own, are a little softer than my taste but together make a dazzling tropical sunset! I think having a "story" of colors gives us more creativity and freedom with our D.I.Y decor and will be more fun for our guests to experience. :)  Plus, our seaside wedding will be at sunset which makes this postcard doubly special!

So when friends, our wedding planner and other curious souls ask us what our "colors" are, we smile and simply reply, "sunset colors!" 


How about you, fellow colorful bees? What delightful colors did you fall in love with for your day? I'd love to hear your story!

xo,
Miss O.




No comments:

Post a Comment