Friday, October 29, 2010

With or Without You

"A woman is happy so long as she chooses to be happy and nothing can stop her."
- Alexander Solzenitsyn

 {source: elizabeth messina}

Dear Wedding Veil,

Ever since I was a little girl, I have adored you.  The sheer, airy tulle fabric. The edges of lace. Long, short and everything in between - you have always been one of my favorite things. 

I fell head over heels with you in Jen Aniston's marvelous wedding.....


And I swooned, again, when I saw you covered the lovely Odette Yustman down the aisle.....


And every time I see you - short, flirty and fun -  in the pages of the J.Crew catalogue, my heart skips a beat!

And now, with my own day just around the bend, I have a difficult choice to make. You see, Mr. Ostrich and I are having a little wedding on the beach.  It's very laid back and short and sweet.  And my dress? Yeah, it is definitely the statement maker and when it comes to accessories, less is definitely more. 

So, after a lot of thought, I feel it would be best if I was without you as I walk down the aisle. 

{source: max wanger}

I will always admire you from afar....and I may still even choose one of you as a keepsake for my special day.  

Your biggest fan,
Miss. Ostrich

My bride-to-bees...are you donning a wedding veil as you walk down the aisle? Let's discuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment