Friday, September 10, 2010

Ladies in Waiting

"Style is a magic wand, and turns everything to gold that it touches."
- Logan Pearsall Smith

 {source}

I love my girlfriends. 

They are passionate, loyal and always entertaining. They are my pillars of strength and my daily inspiration.

My favorite girls are also incredibly style savvy. The love of accessorizing, my fascination for contemporary designers and adoration of exquisite footwear? Yep, I have my girlfriends to thank for fueling my love affair with fashion.

So for the three ladies who I am proud to call my maids-of-honor, the last thing I wanted was for them to wear the same dress, the same shoes, the same jewelry and the same hairstyle. They are unique and magnificent in their own ways...and I wanted to find a dress that allowed them to celebrate their stellar personal style. 

And after a whole lot of magazine reading and online shopping, I found it. 


Two Birds creates dresses that are chic, comfy {thank heaven for silk jersey!} and versatile. Yep, the brilliance of a two birds frock is you can style it up to ten different ways. TEN! Sweetheart strapless, seventies chic halter, grecian goddess one-shoulder or graceful cap sleeves are only a few of the looks each piece can transform into. And they come in an impressive range of rich colors and stunning neutrals.


This  might be the most brilliant bridemaid dress ever.

And for our little beach day, since the florals and decor will be a festive family of metallics and playful pop shades, we've opted to have our wedding entourage in shades of gray. My lovely ladies will be donning the chic dark slate number pictured above, short or long depending on their style, which makes this dress reusable for any future non-wedding soirees. Genius


So for all of us brides-to-bee, here is a fantastic frock that doesn't have to expire after one wedding day.

What BM dresses are you dreaming of for your special day, fellow bees? And colors! Let's share our marvelous colors, please :) It will be so much fun to envision your wedding!

xo,
Miss O.

3 comments:

  1. I've always been curious about the two birds dress for weddings, it looks like it's going to work exceptionally well at your wedding :)

    x M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea!! Those dresses are divine : ) Sounds like your little beach day is going to be lovely!

    -Samantha
    http://sincerelysamantha.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a genius idea! What a great way to give bridesmaids their own look :)

    www.pancakestacker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete