Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Giving Tree

"And the tree was happy"


{source}

Hi Bees!

One of my favorite books of all time is Shel Silverstein's "The Giving Tree." It is a heartfelt story that has inspired me all my life. 

As we began planning our day, I racked my brain, trying to find some way to incorporate this touching story into our celebration.

And then I saw it!


Yes, Mr. Ostrich & I are one of the many wedding duos who are all about the Fingerprint Tree! And why not? For us, this wedding tree represents the cherished few whose love and friendship helped us grow and flourish over the years. They are our Giving Tree...and we are lucky to have them in our lives.



We found some awesome Etsy shops that create these sweet guest book alternatives, but they are a bit pricey for a budget bee. So we'll do a bit more window shopping and tree drawing {it would be fantastic if i could actually put my art school education to use!} and see where we end up.  :) Stay tuned!

My fellow thoughtful bees, what unique guest book ideas are you dreaming up for your wedding? You all have such inspiring ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment