Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tangerine Dream

"Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick." - Gwyneth Paltrow

{J Mendel via source}

 Hiya, bees!
This past weekend I was gathering inspiration for my wedding makeup.  And for a girl who lives on lip gloss and a little blush, I'm aiming for something a little more special for our big day.  :)
So the first step? The makeup item I love most, of course....lipstick!

  {source}

With an endless array of colors, where would I even begin? And when you give a Libra like me too many options, it makes it impossible to make a decision.  

oof!

I finally decided to start my search by revisiting my favorite Spring '11 Fashion Week shows. I figured that since our wedding is in Spring, these runway looks would show me the fresh and fun makeup colors for next year, versus the warmer autumn hues in store now.

Lo and behold, there they were. Brilliant shades of Tangerine - bright & glam at J Mendel and Jill Stuart, muted and romantic at Lela Rosa and oh so pale at Luca Luca. The newest, loveliest lip shade for next year....and it comes in hues for everyone!

{clockwise from top left: Jill Stuart, Isaac Mizrahi, Lela Rose, Luca Luca via  source}

So now I'm excited! I'm going to pick up a few different shades from a few different brands, play around with them at home and see which one gets the most compliments from Mr. Ostrich {and Napoleon!}.

Here's what I have saved in my online shopping carts....
{NARS Lip Gloss in "Giza"}


{Stila Long Wear Lip Color in "Outrageous"}


{MAC Lipstick in "Lady Danger"}

My darling bees, which one do you like best for a dreamy beach wedding? And what sweet lip colors are you loving for your big day? I can't wait to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment