Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Put a Ring On It

"I'll buy you a diamond ring, my friend If it makes you feel alright."
- The Beatles

 {source}

Sometimes, when I am knee deep in vendor emails and wedding to do lists, I like to stop...take a break...and gaze at some pretty pictures...


{source}

...of some of the beauties I'm considering for my wedding ring.  :)

I am a libra, which makes me ridiculously indecisive, but if there is one thing I know for sure, it is that, like the wonderful engagement ring Mr. Ostrich helped design, I love vintage and vintage inspired designs. And the more Art Deco, the better!

Filigree, bezel, sapphires and white and rose gold....you're all soooo pretty. How can a bee pick just one?

The ring above has a softer, more modern spin on some of the vintage rings I've been eyeing, which is refreshing. and that warm white gold shade is so lovely.

{source}

This girl has the filigree details like my engagement ring, so together they would be a perfect pair...but do I have to wear them together? A girlfriend of mine has a gorgeous gold wedding band one hand and her platinum solitaire engagement on the other. "We loved the idea of matching gold bands," she said simply. And just like that, my whole perception of having to wear the 2 rings together vanished...and a zillion other options came into play!

{source}

This beauty has and old, elegant soul and I think she'd look amazing on her own and a unique complement to my e-ring if I decided to stack them...


And last but not least - beautiful blue sapphire. I had been hell bent on adding sapphires to my dream engagement ring but scrapped the idea later, convincing myself that I could give  Mr. Ostrich the brilliant idea to design another deco ring - this time sapphire - for a milestone anniversary.

But every time I see a sapphire engagement or wedding ring, my heart aches with envy. And now I realize that I kind of - actually, really - want to have a few sapphires in my wedding band. This diamond and sapphire deco duo is my idea of perfection...and could still hold its own next to the e-ring!

I have about a month before I have to pick the lucky one...and I would L-O-V-E your thoughts, fellow bees! You all have such stellar style!

And what about the not-wearing-the-two-rings-together idea? Do you plan on  or already stack your rings? Or do you flaunt them separately? Help a fellow bee out!


No comments:

Post a Comment